The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- Prescribing and Pharmacology Virtual Workshop - Series 3 18th November 2020 Prescribing & Pharmacology - This updated virtual workshop with new content will provide an overview of Nurse Practition... ... more
- NT Chapter Members Meeting - 4th December 2020 4th December 2020 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair ... more
- NP Week 2020 Guest Presenter Fiona McArthur, Author The Bush Telegraph 8th December 2020 Come along and listen to Author, Fiona McArthur talk about her book The Bush Telegraph that stars a NP. Fiona will also ... ... more
- International Guests Celebrate the Australian Nurse Practitioner 26th November 2020 We were joined by 4 inspirational speakers who shared differing aspects of the Nurse Practitioner role in their country ... ... more
- Open letter to the American Association of Nurse Practitioners 19th November 2020 The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) would like to voice their discontentment and disappointment in the ... ... more
- Government extends financial disadvantage to patients 2nd October 2020 Back in July 2010, the then Minister for Health and Ageing, Nicola Roxon signed the National Health (Collaborative arran... ... more
We would like to thank our Champion Corporate Partners