The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board (Ahpra), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- WA Chapter Members Meeting - 22 July 2020 22nd July 2020 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... ... more
- Prescribing and Pharmacology - Virtual Delivery 5th August 2020 Prescribing & Pharmacology - This updated virtual workshop with new content will provide an overview of Nurse Practition... ... more
- Vic Chapter Members Meeting - 6 August 2020 6th August 2020 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... ... more
- Government invests $57 million to improve palliative care 27th May 2020 The Australian Government is investing $57.2 million to improve palliative care in aged care facilities across Australia... ... more
- It's about living as well as you can with a terminal illness 27th May 2020 Palliative Care Week in the Wimmera Helping people with life-limiting illnesses during a pandemic has required some re... ... more
- Change Coming - New Fact Sheet on Opioids 22nd May 2020 Revised opioids PBS listings for the management of severe disabling pain Commencing 1 June 2020, the Pharmaceutical B... ... more