The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- ACT Chapter Members Meeting - 14th April 2021 14th April 2021 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... more
- SA Chapter Members Meeting - 14 April 2021 14th April 2021 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... more
- WA Chapter Members Meeting - 28 April 2021 28th April 2021 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... more
- Vaccine rollout hindered by lack of recognition for nurse practitioners 26th March 2021 A general practitioner will be required to supervise nurse practitioners as they administer the COVID-19 vaccine, a deci... ... more
- Nurse practitioners say they are 'completely overlooked' for COVID-19 vaccination rollout due to 'supervision' requirement 23rd March 2021 Highly skilled nurses say they are frustrated they have been locked out of the COVID-19 vaccination rollout in Australia... ... more
- Congratulations, Humanitarian Angie 22nd March 2021 ACNP join with Cairns Hospital and the many people you have assisted, in praising you on this exceptional accomplishment... ... more
We would like to thank our Champion Corporate Partners