The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for nurse practitioners and advanced practice nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care. Please feel free to explore, learn more about the College and become a member! Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner Movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian nurse practitioner role.
- Prescribing and Pharmacology Workshop - Sydney 28th November 2018 This workshop will provide an overview of Nurse Practitioner’s role in prescribing, the key issues faced with particular... ... more
- Prescribing and Pharmacology Workshop - Melbourne 13th December 2018 Australian College of Nurse Practitioners is proud to offer Pharmacology & Prescribing Workshop as part of the suite of ... ... more
- Queensland Symposium 15th February 2019 Queensland members opportunity to hear from industry leaders, network and tick off CPD hours. ... more
- ACNP Welcomes Royal Commission into Aged Care 31st October 2018 ACNP Welcomes Royal Commission into Aged Care The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) welcomes the annou... ... more
- The Nurse Practitioner Profession and its multifaceted dimensions 29th October 2018 With numbers now exceeding over 1500 NPs in Australia, the demand for nurse practitioners is constantly growing. Austral... ... more
- Nurse Practitioners: A capable and collaborative solution to health care 26th July 2018 In the recent weeks there has been plenty of dialogue about Nurse Practitioners (NP) in Australia and questions have bee... ... more