The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board (Ahpra), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- ACT Chapter Members Meeting -8 April 2020 8th April 2020 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... ... more
- WA Chapter Members Meeting - 22 April 2020 22nd April 2020 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... ... more
- QLD - Prescribing and Pharmacology Workshop 16th May 2020 Prescribing & Pharmacology - This updated workshop with new content will provide an overview of Nurse Practitioner’s rol... ... more
- COVID 19 – Nurse Practitioners working to provide clinical care and assist with planning and response 24th March 2020 It is essential that clear and consistent messaging and information is delivered to the public, and that this continues ... ... more
- Coronavirus Resource Links 23rd March 2020 ACNP President, Leanne Boase has just released an Urgent Update to all ACNP Members regarding COVID 19 & Influenza. If ... ... more
- The new generation of nursing professionals are here 23rd March 2020 Read about how the Nurse Practitioner and other advanced nursing roles have never been more needed in the aged care sect... ... more