The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- Prescribing and Pharmacology - Virtual Workshop 13th October 2021 Australian College of Nurse Practitioners is proud to offer Pharmacology & Prescribing virtual workshop. more
- WA Chapter Members Meeting - 13 October 2021 13th October 2021 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair more
- ACNP 2021 AGM 16th October 2021 This event is for all members of the ACNP. more
- Radio Interview with ABC Radio, Melbourne Sammy J and Professor Julie Leask 4th September 2021 Listen to the interview with Professor Julie Leask, Vaccine uptake expert at University of Sydney and advisor to the World Health Organization (WHO) with Sammy J, ABC Breakfast Victoria on the exclusion of Nurse Practitioners in the COVID vaccine rollout. ... more
- National Cancer Screening Register now accessible via MedicalDirector 3rd September 2021 The National Cancer Screening Register has integrated with MedicalDirector Clinical (MDC). This means users of MDC now have the ability to access and submit their patients bowel and cervical screening information directly from within a patient record. Following the integration with Best Practice Saf... ... more
- Joint Coalition Calls for Nurse Practitioners To Be Utilised In COVID Vaccination Roll-Out 30th July 2021 A COALITION of peak nursing organisations is calling on National Cabinet today to include Australia’s highly-skilled nursing practitioner (NP) workforce in the COVID vaccination roll-out. ... more
We would like to thank our Champion Corporate Partners