The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- WA Chapter Members Meeting - 18 August 2021 18th August 2021 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair more
- QLD Chapter Members Meeting - 25 August 2021 25th August 2021 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair more
- WA Chapter Members Meeting - 15 September 2021 15th September 2021 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair more
- Joint Coalition Calls for Nurse Practitioners To Be Utilised In COVID Vaccination Roll-Out 30th July 2021 A COALITION of peak nursing organisations is calling on National Cabinet today to include Australia’s highly-skilled nursing practitioner (NP) workforce in the COVID vaccination roll-out. ... more
- New home detox program launched on the Gold Coast, changing lives 21st July 2021 A new pilot program to help local residents struggling with alcohol and drug (AOD) addiction in the comfort of their own homes has been launched on the Gold Coast, and has already been credited with being a life changer for participants. ... more
- Surprising joy in enriching quality of life experiences 16th June 2021 Nurse practitioner Anita Wild dreamed of bringing new life into the world, not being witness to its passing. But as is the case with best-laid plans, life had other ideas. Then, one day, as an undergraduate nurse working in Melbourne, the spark of a new passion took hold. ... more
We would like to thank our Champion Corporate Partners