The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner Movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian nurse practitioner role.
- Top End Rural and Remote Symposium 13th June 2019 A symposium designed exclusively for Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Practice Nurses and Health Professionals working in r... ... more
- Business Course for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses 21st June 2019 Business Essentials - Do you have a question surrounding setting up a business? Have you wondered how to move from pl... ... more
- 2019 ACNP National Conference - Transforming Health Care: (4 days) 2nd September 2019 Bringing together Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Practice Nurses and Advanced Health Professionals the ACNP National Conf... ... more
- 'A good death': nurse pioneers a better way for the elderly to die 14th May 2019 Nurse practitioner Nikki Johnston has been awarded the inaugural Health Minister's Award for Nursing Trailblazers. On M... ... more
- Palliative care: When there is nothing more that can be done to save a life — we celebrate the life that‘s been 14th May 2019 The Daily Telegraph published (04/55/2019) a moving story featuring Nurse Practitioner and ACNP Member, Kevin Hardy and ... ... more
- How Tasmanian NP's are filling the diabetes care gaps 29th April 2019 The Examiner Tasmania has published a story about Nurse Practitioners filling the gap in diabetes care. You can read th... ... more