The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board (Ahpra), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- NT Chapter Members Meeting - 2nd October 2020 2nd October 2020 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair ... more
- NP Connect - Renal Supportive Care Management of Symptoms in End Stage Kidney Disease 14th October 2020 A Chance to connect with each other. ... more
- ACNP Annual General Meeting 17th October 2020
- Radio Interview with ABC Radio, ACT Adam Shirley and ACT Chapter Chair Juliane Samara 17th September 2020 Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner and ACNP ACT Chapter Chair, Juliane Samara joined Adam Shirley on ABC Radio, Canberra... ... more
- South Australian town left without local Nurse Practitioner 20th August 2020 The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is calling on the SA State Government to grant Nurse Practitioner, ... ... more
- Victorian Nurse Practitioner Prescribing Rights Have Changed 27th July 2020 Read the full Media Release here about Victorian Nurse Practitioner Prescribing Rights Have Changed ... more
We would like to thank our Champion Corporate Partners