The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board (Ahpra), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- WA Chapter Members Meeting - 27 May 2020 27th May 2020 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... ... more
- Prescribing and Pharmacology - Virtual Delivery 3rd June 2020 Prescribing & Pharmacology - This updated workshop with new content will provide an overview of Nurse Practitioner’s rol... ... more
- ACT Chapter Members Meeting - 10th June 2020 10th June 2020 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... ... more
- Change Coming - New Fact Sheet on Opioids 22nd May 2020 Revised opioids PBS listings for the management of severe disabling pain Commencing 1 June 2020, the Pharmaceutical B... ... more
- International Nurses Day highlights vital role nurses play and career opportunities in world health sector 12th May 2020 Nurses have a reputation for leading with their hearts, but their roles also demand a balance of skill, science, and emp... ... more
- Collaboration on about excipient (‘inactive’) ingredients in medicines 1st May 2020 Thank you for collaborating with us to inform consumers about excipient (‘inactive’) ingredients in medicines and our wo... ... more