The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- Weight Loss, Dermatology, Cosmetic & Suture Workshop for Nurse Practitioners 27th May 2022 ACNP is holding a 2-day NP skills based workshop. The content provided will be aimed at NPs working in Obesity and Dermatology, with a Suture workshop to end the session on day 2. The workshop program includes interactive hands on exercises. more
- Qld NP Connect - Meet and Greet 27th May 2022 An opportunity to meet your colleagues at an informal gathering. more
- QLD Chapter Members Meeting 16th June 2022 An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair and to provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair. more
- Vale Emeritus Professor Judy Lumby 9th February 2022 The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners is saddened to learn of the recent death of Emeritus Professor Judy Lumby. Judy was a vocal supporter of the nurse practitioner role, and was instrumental in the early development of the nurse practitioner role in Australia. ACNP members have also sent s... ... more
- Nursing organisations condemn Morrison Government for failures in aged care 2nd February 2022 The country’s peak nursing organisations today stand together to condemn the Morrison Government for its failure to protect Australia’s nursing home residents, and the nurses and care workers doing their utmost in a sector that has been overwhelmed by COVID. And, at a time when the latest COVID outb... ... more
- Ongoing opposition to the role of the Nurse Practitioner 27th January 2022 Recently the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) has seen some media articles and statements from medical lobby groups in relation to the 10 Year Nurse Practitioner Steering Committee that forecast a need to ‘tussle’ with nurse practitioners again1, 2. We must consider who the real cas... ... more
We would like to thank our Champion Corporate Partners