The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- TAS NP Connect Networking Day 5th November 2021 ACNP TAS members informal catch up day. more
- Prescribing and Pharmacology - Virtual Workshop 17th November 2021 Australian College of Nurse Practitioners is proud to offer Pharmacology & Prescribing virtual workshop. more
- WA Chapter Members Meeting - 17 November 2021 17th November 2021 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair more
- Nurses and their role in Mental Health 22nd October 2021 An open letter from Peak Nursing Organisations on Nurses and their role in Mental Health. We write to you on behalf of a number of Nursing Organisations, Colleges and Peak Bodies to express our support for the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses call for more inclusion of mental health n... ... more
- Radio Interview with ABC Radio, Melbourne Sammy J and Professor Julie Leask 4th September 2021 Listen to the interview with Professor Julie Leask, Vaccine uptake expert at University of Sydney and advisor to the World Health Organization (WHO) with Sammy J, ABC Breakfast Victoria on the exclusion of Nurse Practitioners in the COVID vaccine rollout. ... more
- National Cancer Screening Register now accessible via MedicalDirector 3rd September 2021 The National Cancer Screening Register has integrated with MedicalDirector Clinical (MDC). This means users of MDC now have the ability to access and submit their patients bowel and cervical screening information directly from within a patient record. Following the integration with Best Practice Saf... ... more
We would like to thank our Champion Corporate Partners