The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- WA Chapter Members Meeting - 27 January 2021 27th January 2021 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... ... more
- TAS Chapter Members Meeting - 28 Jan 2021 28th January 2021 Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Cha... ... more
- NT Chapter Members Meeting - 5th February 2021 5th February 2021 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair ... more
- Guidelines for advertising a regulated health service - Ahpra 14th January 2021 The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) works in partnership with 15 national health practitioner b... ... more
- Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights - NEW RESOURCES for Consumers 22nd December 2020 The Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care is pleased to advise the release of two new resources for... ... more
- MumBubVaX 22nd December 2020 A global team of researchers led by Associate Professor Margie Danchin has partnered with the Murdoch Children’s Researc... ... more
We would like to thank our Champion Corporate Partners