Assessment and treatment of mental health and substance use by a Registered Nurse (Division 1), General; Endorsed as a Nurse Practitioner, who is a Credentialed Mental Health Nurse (CMHN).
A Registered Nurse Practitioner with over twenty years of experience in the area of mental health/psychiatric nursing.
- Provide non-crisis based mental health/psychiatric care (using nursing theory and concepts)
- Assess, diagnose, and lead treatment from your own home environment
- Order and interpret diagnostic and laboratory tests
- Prescribe medication(s) for Psychiatric and Alcohol/Drug use related conditions
- Provide talking therapy/counselling/psychotherapy (with a focus on ACT and EMDR).