Prescribing and Pharmacology - Virtual Workshop
| PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The 2021 Prescribing & Pharmacology virtual workshop has new content and is based on requests from previous attendees. The course will build on prior knowledge with emphasis on the Nurse Practitioner’s role in safe and effective prescribing using a patient-centred approach.
The workshop includes:
- Health headlines – controversies
- What’s new – new drugs; changed guidelines for common disease states eg. asthma, COPD, diabetes, cardiovascular disease
- Key issues: legislation, ethics, PBS, scheduling changes, error minimisation, deprescribing
- Case studies involving multiple medications.
- Delirium, depression, dementia and drugs, prescribed antidepressants and antipsychotics
- Medicines which put on weight
- OTC and complementary medicines – interactions to watch out for
- Driving and medications
- 6 hours CPD
Wednesday 13 October 2021
- Session 1: 10am - 12pm (ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS)
- 9:00am - 11:00am QLD
- 9:30am - 11:30am SA
- 8:30am - 10:30am NT
- 7:00am - 9:00am WA
- Session 2: 12.30pm - 2.30pm (ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS)
- 11:30am - 1:30pm QLD
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm SA
- 11:00am - 1:00pm NT
- 9:30am - 11:30pm WA
- Session 3: 3.00pm - 5.00pm (ACT, NSW, VIC, TAS)
- 2:00pm - 4:00pm QLD
- 2:30pm - 4:30pm SA
- 1:30pm - 3:30pm NT
- 12:00pm - 2:00pm WA
Venue: The workshop is held virtually, via Zoom. (Daylight saving starts on 3 Oct 2021)
| WHO CAN ATTEND
This program is available to endorsed Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Practice Nurses, Nurse Practitioner candidates and students, nurses, and health professionals.
| WORKSHOP FACILITATOR
Dr Jenny Gowan PhD, Grad Dip Comm Pharm, PhC, FACPP, FPS, AACPA, MSHPA
Jenny is a practicing pharmacist, Adjunct Senior Lecturer at Monash University and Clinical Associate at RMIT university. She is the Vice President of the PSA Branch committee, and an Editorial Board Member of AUS-DI (Drug information), Guidelines Committee for the National Asthma Council Australian Asthma Handbook, and RACGP Silver book for Aged Care.
Jenny is an accredited consultant pharmacist, and conducts her own company focussing on medication reviews in the home and Aged Care Facilities as well as Quality Use of Medicine consultancy. She works regularly in community pharmacy plus sessions in a GP clinic at a Community Health Centre. Jenny has published over 500 educational articles and presents hundreds of talks annually.
In 2010 Jenny received the Sanofi-Aventis award by the University of Sydney, in 2013 the PSA Australian Pharmacist of the Year and in 2016 Jenny was the AACP-MIMs Consultant Pharmacist of the Year.
| COST OF REGISTRATION
- ACNP Members: $165.00
- Non Members: $275.00
To register for the virtual workshop you can use the folowing button.
* Registration Issues
Once you are in the ACNP site you need a separate login to access the event booking system. Create separate and new access account for each event you register in. This can all be the same information, but you need to create a new user account. You can view a screen shot on the FAQ's page
Contact: ACNP National Office on 1300 433 660
Certificates of participation will be issued upon successful completion of an online quiz after the workshop.
1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair ...
Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair ...