Prescribing and Pharmacology - Virtual Workshop
This Prescribing & Pharmacology course was rewritten in October 2021 and is updated to ensure it is current at the time of presentation. It has new content based on requests from previous attendees and the course facilitator welcomes all feedback. The course will build on prior knowledge with emphasis on the Nurse Practitioner’s role in safe and effective prescribing using a patient-centred approach.
I DATE AND TIME
Session 1 - Thursday 19 May 2022 7-9pm AEST
Session 2 - Thursday 26 May 2022 7-9pm AEST
Session 3 - Thursday 2 June 2022 7-9pm AEST
The workshop is held virtually, via Zoom.
| WHO CAN ATTEND
This program is available to endorsed Nurse Practitioners, Advanced Practice Nurses, Nurse Practitioner candidates and students, nurses, and health professionals.
| PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The workshop includes:
- Health headlines – controversies
- What’s new – new drugs; changed guidelines for common disease states eg. asthma, COPD, diabetes, cardiovascular disease
- Key issues: legislation, ethics, PBS, scheduling changes, error minimisation, deprescribing
- Case studies involving multiple medications.
- Delirium, depression, dementia and drugs, prescribed antidepressants & antipsychotics, Medicines which put on weight, OTC and complementary medicines – interactions to watch out for, Driving and medications
| COST OF REGISTRATION
- ACNP Members: $198.00
- Non Members: $330.00
| WORKSHOP FACILITATOR
Dr Jenny Gowan PhD, Grad Dip Comm Pharm, PhC, FACPP, FPS, AACPA, MSHPA
Jenny is a practicing pharmacist, Adjunct Senior Lecturer at Monash University and Clinical Associate at RMIT university. She is the Vice President of the PSA Branch committee, and an Editorial Board Member of AUS-DI (Drug information), Guidelines Committee for the National Asthma Council Australian Asthma Handbook, and RACGP Silver book for Aged Care.
Jenny is an accredited consultant pharmacist, and conducts her own company focussing on medication reviews in the home and Aged Care Facilities as well as Quality Use of Medicine consultancy. She works regularly in community pharmacy plus sessions in a GP clinic at a Community Health Centre. Jenny has published over 500 educational articles and presents hundreds of talks annually.
In 2010 Jenny received the Sanofi-Aventis award by the University of Sydney, in 2013 the PSA Australian Pharmacist of the Year and in 2016 Jenny was the AACP-MIMs Consultant Pharmacist of the Year.
I CPD HOURS
You are currently on the ACNP website. Once you press Register Here you will need to create a new and separate login to access the event booking system. This can all be the same information, but you need to create a new user account. You can view a screen shot and step by step guide on the FAQ's page.
Contact: Lydia Lazar
- Please ensure you are available on all three sessions as each covers different topics.
- Certificates of participation will be issued upon successful completion of an online quiz after the workshop.
Download More Information
All Victorian ACNP members are welcome to attend ...
ACNP is holding a 2-day NP skills based workshop. The content provided will be aimed at NPs working in Obesity and Dermatology, with a Suture workshop to end the session on day 2. The workshop program includes interactive hands on exercises. ...