SA Symposium - 20 years of Nurse Practitioners: Let’s Celebrate the Diversity
In 2020, the SA Symposium will be running over two days and will cover the topics:
- Day 1 - 20 Years of Nurse Practitioners: Let’s Celebrate the Diversity, and;
- Day 2 Prescribing and Pharmacology.
The Symposium offers an exciting range of topics from nursing industry leaders that allows you the opportunity to explore with your peers and professionals the application of better solutions for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses.
Celebrating success of '20 years of Nurse Practitioners: Let’s Celebrate the Diversity' is designed to facilitate engagement between peers and professionals, stimulating discussion and involvement within the key areas of the latest issues.
The objectives of the Symposium are:
- Enhancing & Broadening NP Practice education is designed by and for Nurse Practitioners, Nurse Practitioner Candidates and Advanced Practice Nurses.
- Earn 13 CPD Hours
The topics covered throughout the Symposium include:
- Medicare Benefits Scheme how this effects all Nurse Practitioners
- South Australia’s first Nurse Practitioner endorsed in 2002 will reflect on the journey of the Nurse Practitioner
- Trauma orthopaedics paediatric to adult. Paediatric hip dysplasia and other paediatric orthopaedic challenges
- Drug and Alcohol Services. Methamphetamine use and the implications for all
- Sexual Health. HIV Prevention Program
- The pre-exposure (PrEP) and post-exposure (PeP) prophylaxis now available and information on prescribing and monitoring patients on these medications
- Takotsubo the triggers, treatment and the impact of takotsubo cardiomyopathy has on our community
- Writing articles for publication, how to get it right
- Prescribing and Pharmacology
Please download the SA Symposium Program by clicking on the link below.
### Please note this program is still under development, topics and timings may change.
Date: Thursday 12 March (SA Sympoisum) and Friday 13 March 2020 (Prescribing and Pharmacoology)
Venue: Tennyson Centre – 520 South Road, Kurralta Park SA 5037
Time: 9.00am- between 16:15 - 16:45 (please refer to each days program)
Cost: Members both days - $ 375.00
Members Prescribing and Pharmacology - $275.00
Members Symposium only - $ 120.00
Non Members both days - $410.00
Non Members Prescribing and Pharmacology - $375.00
Non Members Symposium only - $ 200.00
| Event Poster
Download the SA Symposium Event Poster 2020
| Thank you to the following event sponsors:
Download More Information
Aims of the Meeting: 1. An opportunity to be updated by your State Chapter Chair 2. Provide feedback to your State Chapter Chair ...
Prescribing & Pharmacology - This updated workshop with BRAND NEW content will provide an overview of Nurse Practitioner’s role in prescribing, the key issues faced with particular focus on PBS access, regulations and limitations. ...