NP Rebate Pre-Budget Submission
The ACNP submitted a Pre-Budget Submission for 2022-2023, supporting access to the Nurse Practitioner Workforce with support from 8 Peak nursing organisations. The submission contains two main proposals:
- Proposal 1- Increasing the Rebates
- Action - To increase Nurse Practitioner time based rebates
- Proposal 2 - Closing the Gap
- Action - Existing Close the Gap initiatives be extended to patients of Nurse Practitioners
The key objective of this proposal is to support the most immediate and critical needs of the NP workforce, and their patients, prior to implementation of any outcomes from the work of the NP 10 Year Plan Steering Committee.
The ACNP has provided our submission to the Australian Government Department of Health on the Friday 28th January 2022.
Please click on the button below to see the ACNP Nurse Practitioner rebate pre-budget submission.
How Nurse Practitioners can be involved?
We invite you to write letters in support of our pre budget submission.
We have developed a template for you to download and insert your details.
We encourage you to write to any or all of these ministers
- Your Local Federal MP
- Minister for Health, The Hon. Greg Hunt MP
- Minister for Senior Australians & Aged Care Services, Senator the Hon Richard Colbeck MP
- Minister for Indigenous Australians, The Hon Ken Wyatt AM MP
- Minister for Regional Health, The Hon Dr David Gillespie MP
- Assistant Minister to the Prime Minister for Mental Health and Suicide Prevention, David Coleman MP