The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is the national peak body for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses in Australia. The ACNP is active in advancing nursing practice and improving access to health care.
Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA), Nurse Practitioners are focused on improving access to treatment, providing efficient, cost-effective care, and dedicated to improving health outcomes of all Australians, particularly those designated as at-risk populations, such as aged care, indigenous populations and general primary health care in remote and rural and regional areas.
The Nurse Practitioner scope of practice enables legal request and review of the most appropriate diagnostic tests, initiation of referrals to and from relevant healthcare providers, prescription of necessary medications and collaboration with nurse and other healthcare professionals to ensure the provision of holistic care.
Please feel free to explore, learn more about the Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP), Nurse Practitioners and how to become a ACNP member.
Visit the History of the Nurse Practitioner movement in Australia for insight into the origins and development of the Australian Nurse Practitioner role.
- Nurse Practitioner Week 2022 12th December 2022 In 2022, Nurse Practitioners (NPs) in Australia celebrate Nurse Practitioner Week from the 12-18 December 2022. The theme in 2022 is "Nurse Practitioners, the essential difference in healthcare." more
- Private Practice and Business for Nurse Practitioners Webinar Series - Session 1 14th December 2022 Early Planning for a move into private practice - key questions - Where to start - Different business models, what suits you best? - Why private practice? The pros and cons - Advertising, growth, and business planning more
- Private Practice and Business for Nurse Practitioners Webinar Series - Session 2 15th February 2023 Setting up your own business - the basics - Owning and establishing a business - Business structures - Building, buying, leasing, or subcontracting - General Legal and Financial considerations more
- Nurse Practitioner Week 2022 30th November 2022 The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) will be hosting the annual Nurse Practitioner (NP) Week from the 12–18 December 2022. The theme of NP Week is ‘Nurse Practitioners: the essential difference in healthcare.’ ... more
- Regulator issues warnings over unproven IV treatments 25th November 2022 * Warnings have been issued over concerns unproven IV infusion treatments may be being marketed inappropriately across Australia. * Concerns have been raised that popular IV treatment claims are not supported by a medical justification or scientific evidence. * Registered health practitioners may ... ... more
- New Legislation for Nurse Practitioners to wipe University debt working in rural/remote areas 11th November 2022 The Australian College of Nurse Practitioners (ACNP) is delighted to learn on the 10 November, legislation was passed by the Federal Government that will ensure Nurse Practitioners who live and work in the most remote parts of Australia will have their HELP debt wiped. ... more
We would like to thank our Champion Corporate Partners